Time: 35 minutes
Quantity: From 8 to 12 bars
This past Saturday, January 21, the world day of granola bars was celebrated , a superfood for those of us who practice sports on a regular basis and need a little energy shot to help us give 100%. It is also a product widely consumed by those seeking to increase their muscles (hypertrophy) as it helps it.
This snack is ideal for eating out , but it can also be a perfect option for breakfast and even for dessert. There are many versions, being able to substitute certain ingredients for others and customize the recipe to the maximum according to your tastes , but what cannot be missing is the granola. In this case our granola bars will be blueberry and chocolate.
What is granola?
It is the result of mixing: nuts, oats, different seeds and honey. Additionally, you can add products such as raisins, dates or any other type of fruit. It is a light snack, very energetic and easy to preserve, just store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 180g oat flakes or 2 cups
- 75g raw and unsalted almonds or ½ cup
- 75g of various seeds or ½ cup
- 170g honey or ½ cup
- 14g coconut oil or 3 tablespoons
- 70g dried cranberries or ½ cup (optional)*
- 70gr of chopped dark chocolate (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)*
*The ingredients that are marked as optional are those with which you can play and customize this recipe: use only chocolate, change the blueberries for another fruit, add orange zest or dates, etc.
Preparation: 35 minutes approx.
- We put the oven to heat to 180ºC
- First, we spread the oats and almonds on a plate and take them to the oven at 180ºC for approximately 10 minutes (or until we see that they are toasted).
- Meanwhile, mix the liquid ingredients (honey, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon) in a saucepan and heat them over medium heat, stirring until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- In a bowl, add the oats and toasted almonds, the mixture of seeds, the blueberries and the chocolate and pour over the liquid mixture that we have prepared with the honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- We remove everything well until all the ingredients are integrated and form a kind of dough.
- In a mold suitable for the oven, we place parchment paper and turn the dough over while, with the help of a spoon, the bottom of a glass or spatula, we press to compress the mixture.
- Bake this same mixture at 180ºC for 15 minutes or until it takes on the desired golden color.
- Remove the container from the oven, let cool and cut the bars giving them the desired shape and thickness.
Remember, you can store them at room temperature in an airtight container for about 4-7 days.