Treadmills do not need routine maintenance other than lubrication of the belt.
The motor of the treadmills requires a minimum care of lubrication of the band that if you do not follow them can lead to serious problems. The lack of lubrication causes different breakdowns in the machines:
- Increased current consumption, with which the card and the motor work at a very high speed.
- Premature deterioration of the band and board.
- Jerks during the practice of the exercise or instability in the speed.
How and when to lubricate a treadmill?
The belt should be lubricated approximately every 200 hours of use, 150 km or once a month, you will find this information in the manual. Lubrication should be done:
- Once the last training of the day is finished (never before starting, since in this way the product will be expelled from the band).
- In the center of the band, lifting it slightly and applying the lubricant with the other hand.